Are you looking for a Korean BBQ grill for a fun dinner experience?
You’re in the right place!
In this TheGrillingDad.com guide, you’ll learn:
- What a Korean BBQ grill is
- What to look for when buying one
- Our top 5 best Korean BBQ grills
Choosing the best Korean BBQ grill can be a formidable challenge.
There are plenty of choices available!
So, we’ve hand-picked some of the best Korean tabletop grills based on their features and performance.
If you’re interested in buying a Korean BBQ grill, keep reading!
Jump to Section
Top 5 Korean BBQ Grills
In a hurry? Check out our top 5 Korean BBQ grills! Keep reading to discover more about our top picks:
- TECHEF – (Best Overall Korean BBQ Grill)
- Maxi-Matic – 14″ w/ Lid (Best Budget Pick)
- Iwatani Smokeless Korean BBQ Grill (High End Pick)
- Tayama 15″ x 10″
- Zojirushi Compact Electric Grill
What Is a Korean BBQ Grill?
Grilling is an excellent method to get the most flavor out of your food while making it as tender and delectable as possible.
However, whereas indoor grilling encourages social gatherings, Korean barbecue goes even further!
These grills make group meals more fun because they can be placed on the tabletop, and everybody can cook their own food.
What Do You Look For in the Best Korean BBQ Grill?
If you’re looking for the best Korean BBQ grill for your needs, here are a few things to consider:
- Heat Source
- Grease Management
Are you feeding a big family or entertaining a lot of friends? Or do you plan to only host a few people?
Knowing how many people you intend to have sitting around your indoor grill will help you decide how large of a unit you need.
When it comes to these types of grills, understanding your heat source options is important.
Do you want to use a Korean BBQ grill pan and cook around your stovetop? Then you can just get the new pan.
If you want a portable Korean BBQ grill, you may want to go with an electric option. These are the most common when people are just starting out.
If you plan to use this frequently, you may want to look at a more permanent setup and get a gas-powered option.
The best smokeless Korean BBQs will have grooves on the cooktop that allow the grease to drain into a grease tray.
This not only helps drain the fat away from the food, but it helps the clean-up much easier.
If you’re not installing a permanent Korean BBQ, you want to make sure your new grill is portable.
Look for lightweight options to make moving from storage to the table or from your home to your tailgate more convenient.
Our Reviews Of The Best 5 Korean BBQ Grills
We love this smokeless Korean BBQ from TECHEF because of its design, excellent performance, portability, and high-quality materials.
If you’re planning a Korean BBQ party sometime soon, this grill is a must-have.
It’s built from high-quality materials, with a non-stick surface that makes cleaning easier, has a unique design that boosts adaptability, and packs a punch.
- High-quality materials
- Non-stick and easy cleaning
- Innovative design
- The grill plate is not removable like some other options are, so you can’t throw it in the dishwasher for a quick clean
Despite its low price, Maxi-Matic is a piece of fantastic cooking equipment.
It’s got a wide cooking surface, adjustable heat controls, and removable electric components for easy maintenance and cleaning.
- Wide cooking area and even heating
- Under $40
- Non-stick and easy to clean
- The temperature control takes a few practice runs to find the right dial for different foods (meat vs veggies)
This product is made in Japan, and the brand name stands behind the unit’s high-quality construction.
This is a fantastic addition to any kitchen because of its lightweight design, ease of use, and robust build.
- Powder coated steel; durable
- Lightweight and easy to move
- Easy to use w/ safety mechanisms
- Not a great option if you’re cooking for more than 2 people at a time
With this grill, you can simply plug it in and enjoy your delicious Korean BBQ.
You can enjoy your favorite barbecued meat in the privacy and convenience of your own home if you have an indoor outlet.
- Non-stick drip tray
- Adjustable heat settings
- Dishwasher safe; easy to clean
- The non-stick surface started wearing off after a few uses, so I had to start greasing it up before using it so nothing would stick (I should have done this from the start)
This Korean-style indoor barbecue has a unique design that makes it ideal for grilling both veggies and meats.
It comes with all of the functionality you’ll need to make indoor grilling a breeze.
- 12″ x 9″ cooking surface
- Cool-touch handles for safety
- Easy disassembly for deep cleaning
- The carrying handles are on the griddle, so you have to wait for it to cool before moving it
- It takes quite a bit to get hot enough to sear meat
How Hot Do Korean BBQ Grills Get?
Most electric Korean BBQ grills get up to 250°F-450°F.
This is hot enough to cook most foods, but not hot enough to sear most steaks.
Can You Use Korean BBQ Indoors?
Korean BBQ grills are often used indoors safely due to being smokeless. Most are electric or use natural gas, both of which are safe to use indoors.
As always, be safe when cooking.
Final Thoughts on Grilling on a Korean Tabletop Grill
Since Korean BBQ entails indoor grilling, you should observe safety precautions.
- The first rule is that your grill should never be left unattended.
- Wait until the grill has cooled before moving it, whether for storage or cleaning.
- Use the grill away from flammable or combustible objects.
Finding the best Korean tabletop grill is vital for a fantastic grilling experience. We hope that this article will help you pick the Korean BBQ grill that’s best for you!
Learn More About Grilling
If you want to learn more about grilling, check out these other helpful resources!