Are you looking for an easy to follow recipe for smoked buffalo chicken dip?
You’re in the right place!
In this TheGrillingDad.com guide, you’ll learn:
- What ingredients you’ll need
- Time and temp
- 3 steps to amazing smoked buffalo chicken dip
Smoked buffalo chicken dip is a staple at any party or gathering. If you’re entertaining guests, you won’t want to miss out on this delicious appetizer for your table spread.
Forget the traditional ranch and sour cream dips, this smoked buffalo chicken dip will be the star of the show.
Jump To A Section
Quick Overview Of The Dip
With this buffalo chicken dip, you’ll find the directions vary slightly than other buffalo chicken dips.
Most other recipes call for stirring all of the ingredients together, but this one utilizes layers to build the perfect dip for entertaining.
On the bottom layer, you’ll find cream cheese, sour cream, and pepper jack cheese.
Smoked chicken smothered in buffalo sauce and blue cheese crumbles on the top layer make for the perfect pair.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Grill Tool Sets (2022 Review)
Ingredients for Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip
Building the perfect dip takes more than following the right directions.
It also takes the best quality ingredients mixed in just the right proportions.
The most important ingredient for your smoked buffalo chicken dip is of course the chicken!
- 2 cups shredded smoked chicken
- 1 cup Frank’s buffalo sauce
- 16 ounces pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 ranch seasoning packet
- 4 ounces bleu cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon red onion (minced)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (roughly chopped)
Read More >> How To Smoke A Whole Chicken
Frank’s Buffalo Sauce
Using fresh, premium cuts of chicken for your dip will give it a delicious touch but you can’t have a buffalo dip without the buffalo sauce!
While there are tons of buffalo sauces on the market, none of them beat Frank’s.
Of course, if you have another favorite, you can skip the buffalo wing sauce from Franks and use your sauce of choice!
This has been one my kids will actually eat, so I’m sticking to it!
Read More >> How To Grill Chicken Breasts
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Preheat your smoker to 350ºF then get started by assembling the layers.
That’s where the magic happens.
After you’ve assembled it, put it on the smoker for around 15 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble.
Read More >> How To Reheat Chicken Wings
Layer 1: Cheesy Bottom Layer
Start by mixing your cheeses together. The cream cheese, sour cream, and pepper jack should be mixed together thoroughly before you add the veggie shake or the ranch seasoning packet.
Once this is all mixed, layer it on the bottom of a 12 inch cast iron pan (or whatever pan you’ll be using)
Layer 2: Buffalo Chicken
Next comes the ingredients the recipe is named after. Mix your shredded chicken together with your buffalo sauce of choice so it is evenly coated.
Spread this chicken mixture on top of the cheesy bottom layer you started with!
Layer 3: Blue Cheese
Once you have the main two layers set, you’ll want to top the chicken with crumbled blue cheese.
Place the skillet in the pre-heated smoker and heat it up until the cheese begins to bubble.
This should take around 15 minutes.
Read More >> How to Thaw Chicken Quickly
Ready To Serve!
It’s best to serve this dip while it’s still warm as it is easier to get out of the pan.
This smoked buffalo chicken dip pairs nicely with anything so grab your favorite chips or veggies and dig in!
As always, make sure your chicken is cooked to a minimum of 165ºF.
Read More >> Best Smokers for Beginners
Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups Smoked Chicken shredded
- 1 cup Frank's Buffalo Sauce
- 16 oz Pepperjack Cheese shredded
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 2/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1 packet Ranch Seasoning
- 4 oz Bleu Cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp Red Onion minced
- 1 tbsp Cilantro roughly chopped
- Preheat Smoker to 350ºF
- Start by mixing your cheeses together. The cream cheese, sour cream, and pepper jack should be mixed together thoroughly before you add the veggie shake or the ranch seasoning packet.Once this is all mixed, layer it on the bottom of a 12 inch cast iron pan (or whatever pan you’ll be using)
- Next comes the ingredients the recipe is named after. Mix your shredded chicken together with your buffalo sauce of choice so it is evenly coated.Spread this chicken mixture on top of the cheesy bottom layer you started with!
- Once you have the main two layers set, you’ll want to top the chicken with crumbled blue cheese.
- Place the skillet in the pre-heated smoker and heat it up until the cheese begins to bubble.This should take around 15 minutes.