Are you looking for a grill brush to get your Traeger clean without damaging the grates?
You’re in the right place!
In this TheGrillingDad.com guide, you’ll learn:
- What to look for when buying a grill brush
- A few safety tips
- Our reviews of the top 5 best grill brushes for Traeger
- And much more!
Purchasing a Traeger grill is an investment. For years, Traeger has been synonymous with the best wood pellet grills.
Anyone who wants an efficient grilling experience, precise temperature control, and wood-fired flavor knows they can’t go wrong with a Traeger.
Even after the company’s patent expired and other manufacturers began using their grill design and mechanics, there is no doubt in our minds that Traeger remains superior.
Investing in the best wood pellet grill means ensuring proper grill care.
Neglecting to properly clean and care for a Traeger grill can shorten its lifespan.
As the ash, grease, and excess food build-up on the grill, it can affect the grill’s efficiency and overall function.
How do we pick the best grill brush for a Traeger?
We need a grill brush that is sturdy, long, safe, and easy to use. Most importantly, the best grill brush for a Traeger grill is one that will not damage it.
Keep reading to see our top 5 picks and why we recommend them.
Jump to Section
Our Top Grill Brushes for Traeger
In a hurry? Here are our top 5 best grill brushes we’ve tested to work great with your Traeger grill.
- Grill Rescue BBQ Replaceable Scraper: Best Overall Grill Brush
- Kona Safe/Clean Grill Brush: Best Budget Grill Brush
- Grillbot Automatic Grill Cleaning Robot: Best Electric Grill Brush
- Grillart Ultrasafe Grill Brush and Scraper: Best Grill Brush for Porcelain or Ceramic Grates
- Traeger Pellet Grills Cleaning Brush: Best by Traeger
What Makes a Grill Brush for a Traeger Different?
There is little difference between cleaning a Traeger grill and any other grill on the market.
As such, most grill brushes compatible with other types or brands of grills can be used to clean Traeger grills.
But you’ve got to protect your investment and make sure you’re making safe choices. Because of this, we highly recommend staying away from metal bristles.
The best grill brush for Traeger is one that can thoroughly clean grease build-up and charred pieces of food from the grill grates.
The leftover ash can be vacuumed out every few uses of the grill. However, the grease and food gunk needs to be cleaned regularly, either before or after each use of the grill.
Related >> How Long Does a Grill Brush Last?
What Do You Look for in The Best Grill Brush for Traeger?
There are several different factors to consider when looking for the best grill brush for Traeger.
- Brush durability
- Brush material
- Handle length
- Built-in scraper
- Hot or cold use
- Overall safety
Using the right grill brush makes cleaning any Traeger grill an easier task.
For maximum safety, we recommend grill brushes with coils or non-metal bristles, such as nylon.
Carefully consider the advantages and disadvantages of each grill brush to find one that best suits both your smoker and your preferences.
Now, let’s get into the reviews.
Our Reviews of the Top 5 Best Grill Brushes for Traeger
This bristle-free brush from Grill Rescue is our best grill brush for Traeger.
The lack of metal bristles improves its safety (no metal bristles that might be left on the grill) while ensuring a proper, professional-grade clean.
- Uses steam to clean your grill
- No harmful metal bristles
- Will actually get your grill grates clean
- Works on any type of grill grates
- Heat resistant
- Can wash the head in the dishwasher
The cleaning heads are made of durable, high-temperature kevlar and heat-retardant foam for long-lasting and thorough cleaning.
The brush also features a sharp metal scraper on the brush head that allows us to dislodge any food debris and grease easily.
- Invented by a firefighter
- Safe for Traeger grates
- Actually gets your grill clean
- Replaceable cleaning heads
- Portion of proceeds go to first responders
- Much more expensive than a traditional grill brush
Stainless steel brush bristles can be a safety hazard, especially for anyone not familiar with using them.
The Kona Safe/Clean Grill brush offers a safe yet efficient alternative to traditional grill brushes.
It’s metal-bristle free and affordable.
Like the Grillart brush below, this bristle-free option features three rows of stainless steel coils for fast, safe, and efficient cleaning.
It is also strong and rigid, ensuring the brush will not bend even when using great pressure while cleaning.
- Safe and strong bristle-free brush
- Long and comfortable handle
- Short cleaning time
- Short side of the brush does not get in between grill grates very well
Just as how our Roombas make cleaning our house easier, the Grillbot Automatic Grill Cleaning Robot makes grill clean-up faster and easier.
Priced just over $100, this automatic grill cleaning robot is our priciest grill brush.
The Grillbot has a compact size and is easy to operate.
It can be used on both hot and cold grills, as well.
The robot features three, removable rotating nylon brushes to scrape off the grease and food away from the grill grates.
Additionally, the Grillbot timer can be set for 10, 20, or 30 minutes of deep cleaning.
- Like a Roomba for your grill
- Durable and compact build
- Rechargeable, long-lasting batteries
- You have to remember to close the lid to your T or it’ll fall off (personal experience).
- It’s a bit noisy while running
The combination of brush and scraper ensures thorough grill cleaning each time, making this Grillart grill brush an overall great grill brush for your Traeger.
The sharp, stainless steel scraper allows us to easily scrape away the grease and charred meat.
This 2-in-1 brush also features three times the amount of firm, woven bristles for up to five times faster cleaning time.
Additionally, its soft, non-slip 18” handle provides a strong grip while making sure our hands are well away from the heat of the grill.
- Three rows of steel coils for shortened cleaning time
- Bristle-free brush coils help ensure safety
- Rust-resistant brush and scraper combo
- Getting in between the grates requires using the scraper instead using the coils – more of a nag than a con
Traeger’s own grill cleaning brush makes it onto our list as a great option.
Cleaning any Traeger grill with a stainless steel wire brush carries the risk of scratching the grates and damaging the grill.
The nylon bristles of this Traeger cleaning brush remove that risk altogether.
The brush features a long wooden handle, durable stainless steel neck, and two grips — the handle and on top of the brush head.
Best of all, the nylon bristles are designed to easily clean cooled grills and can be replaced when worn down.
- Made by Traeger
- Replaceable brush head
- Strong handle and overall construction
- Non-ergonomic wooden handle
- You have to wait until the grates are cool before using it since it’s nylon
Final Thoughts on Cleaning Your Traeger
The best grill brush for a Traeger is one that does not damage the grill grates while meeting each grill users’ personal preferences.
The many grill brushes on the market can make finding the best grill brush for Traeger quite the challenge.
We hope our list helps make the decision-making process easier so that you can enjoy your Traeger to the fullest.
Before You Go…
Keeping your grill brush clean is important as well. Here’s how to clean your grill cleaning brush.
If you want to learn more about grilling, check out these other helpful resources!